Spades is a classic trick-taking card game that is often played online against computer opponents. For beginners, playing dummy spades against AI players is a great way to learn the game in a low-pressure environment.
Dummy spades is a variation of traditional spades where one player plays alone against 3 computer opponents. The lone human player is the “dummy” hand that is played automatically by the computer. As the only real player, you get to control the strategy and make all the decisions for both hands you are dealt. Dummy Spades is great for beginners because you get to focus on your strategy without worrying about coordinating with a partner. The games often go quicker because there is less thinking involved. It provides a more relaxed environment to learn the nuances of bidding, playing tricks, counting cards, and learning the spades strategy needed for real play.
Choosing an online dummy spades game
There are a few different sites and apps that allow you to play online dummy spades for free such as:
- Zynga – Offers Spades Plus and Spades Royale with lively environments and active communities. Can play through Facebook as well.
- CardzMania – Simple interface to play classic Spades against AI. Track statistics and customize opponents.
- Spades Free – No Frills Spades game by AI Factory Limited. Play on the web or iOS and Android devices. Clean design.
- Spades – An option by CardGames.io with easy controls and settings.
Most ดัมมี่ได้เงินจริง will have table views, the ability to replay hands, and some basic stats tracking. Look for ones that let you save hands for review later as this is hugely helpful when starting. If you become more experienced, you may want to look at sites that offer tournaments and leaderboards.
How to play dummy spades?
The rules of online dummy spades are the same as traditional spades but you will be controlling both hands dealt to you against 3 computer opponents:
- Deck and deal – Each player receives 13 cards from a 52-card deck. You will see your two hands side by side on the screen.
- Bidding – Choose the number of tricks you think you take for each hand using the bidding buttons. The total bid for both hands combined is your team bid.
- The Play – Play begins with the player to the left of the dealer, and then continues clockwise. You play both your hands by selecting cards from each. Follow suit if possible and try to win tricks containing high-value cards.
- Scoring – You get 1 point for each trick bid taken, and -1 point for each trick bid but not taken. First team to 500 wins! Games are usually first to 250 in dummy spades.
As the only human, the computer will control leads and auto-play cards from your hands but you decide the overall strategy. With every hand, think about how your two hands work together through signaling and card counting. Dummy Spades teaches you the key strategies and logic needed for this fun and classic game. Learning in a low-pressure solo environment sets you up for success when you transition to live four-player games. As your skills improve over time, spades will provide endless enjoyment as well as keep your mind engaged.